Monday 26 October 2009

Wearing Purple

Last Saturday we were going out to dinner so I did not have any cooking to do and spent the afternoon machining this little lady. We have been invited to a 'red hat' party for a friend's 70th birthday in November and this is to be a surprise for her. I am pretty certain she does not read my blogs! This is how she finished up - she reminds me of someone! I really wanted a vibrant purple for the suit but couldn't seem to get it mixing the colours I have! But it is roughly purple. She is about 10 " tall. I have yet to buy something purple to wear at this party (I am not really a mauve person) - but I believe it is the 'in' colour so it shouldn't be too difficult. I shall make a red hat and probably look ridiculous - but that is what it is all about.
Meanwhile, this is the noxious brew - or Lockshun as George calls it. It is bubbling away nicely
but it is right up against the big bookcase in the conservatory so I do hope that nothing explodes. George keeps on going in and bending over it and chuckling and the other George keeps popping over to inspect it - it is much loved!
I am much happier with my damson vodka in the kitchen which I keep shaking and sniffing, I think there is a much better chance of me drinking that than the above. That reminds me of Danny Kaye (with whom I appeared once as a very young girl - but that is another story) -
'the vessel with the pestle is the chalice from the palace - but the flagon with the dragon is the brew that is true'

2 comments:

  1. Danny Kaye was so charismatic and was my uncle's favourite actor. How thrilling that you appeared with him? Was it in a film Mavis?

    That purple lady is wonderful. Is she inspired by that fabulous poem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danny Kaye?... as well as being a bluebell girl ;)
    You are full of surprises Mavis... and of course now we want to know the story!
    Lovely purple lady in a red hat... what a great theme for a party.

    ReplyDelete