Saturday 7 August 2010

A bone of contention !

This is a PILE
and this is   A   NOTHER    pile


who would think that an innocent thing like a pile of weeds could cause dissention in a marriage?  George doen't like my piles, but I say that if I didn't leave piles, he would never know just how much gardening I actually do!  Does that make sense?  It does to me.

In my own defence, I will say that if I go out on an Official Weed I use a trug for the weeds, but most of my weeding is unofficial, i.e. I go out to do something else and get distracted. I was checking on the greengages and spotted some phlox that needed to be cut down.   It is a bit late after all these years to hope that I will change, so there.   Anyway, my lovely Echinacea 'Green Envy'   is in bloom - isn't it glorious !
I'm off now to finish  a fruit salad for eight  - it has taken me ages  to cut up all the fruits and none out of the garden I am afraid.  The greengages are not ready nor are the blackberries and I'm not sharing my figs!   I'm just waiting for the  caustic comments about the piles when George comes in !  (He's a pussycat, really)

No comments:

Post a Comment